A cardigan is a sweater that opens in the front and attaches with either buttons, hooks, or a zipper. Cardigan sweaters are thought to have originated in 17th century France and the British Isles, where fishermen wore heavy, hand-knitted woolen sweaters. Fondly known as fishermen’s sweaters, the industry of knitting the heavy sweaters soon became popular on the coast of Ireland. Fishermen and outdoor workers sought out the expensive cardigans that kept them warm during the harsh North Atlantic winters.
Today the same cardigan sweaters are produced in Ireland and although they are still worn for warmth, they have become a fashion statement for casual wear. Yet cardigans are not limited to this heavy, woolen style; cardigan sweaters can be made of nearly any fabric, with styles for both women and men. Styles include fabrics such as wool, cotton, polyester, rayon, cashmere, Lycra and many more.
Product Features :
- Sizing: Junior Sizing with a Young Contemporary Fit
- Material: 55 % Ramie, 45 % Acrylic
- Care and Cleaning: Dry Flat, Hand Wash Cold
- Sheerness: Opaque
- Garment Length: Below Waist
- Neckline Style: Open Neckline , Rolled Collar
- Long Sleeves , Buttoned, Rolled Cuff(s)
- Hem Style: Finished Hem(s)
- Made in China